Event ID 4865 - A trusted forest information entry was added
|Sub category||Authentication policy change|
|Description||A trusted forest information entry was added|
When cross-forest trust relationships are created, event ID 4865 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Trust Information||Forest Root
Forest Root SID
Top Level Name
Why event ID 4865 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports emphasize on the elusive change details and give a detailed report on the modifications along with the old and new values of the attributes.
Event 4865 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10