Event ID 4905 - An attempt was made to unregister a security event source
|Sub category||Audit policy change|
|Description||An attempt was made to deregister a security event source|
When an application calls AuthzRegisterSecurityEventSource again to deregister its security logs, event ID 4905 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Event Source||Source Name
Event Source ID
Why event ID 4905 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus helps you avoid the GPOs monitoring complexities with real-time pre-configured reports and auditing of the changes along with alerts within a Domain & OU. The advanced Group Policy settings real-time audit reports emphasize on the elusive change details and give a detailed report on the modifications along with the old and new values of the attributes.
Event 4905 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4905 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 809
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools