Event ID 576 - Special privileges assigned to new logon
|Description||Special privileges assigned to new logon|
Windows logs event ID 576 to register that a user has a set of special privileges when the user logs in.
This log data gives the following information:
- User Name:
- Logon ID:
- Assigned: (privileges assigned to user)
Why event ID 576 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
With pre-defined reports from ADAudit Plus, you can easily track and audit permissions granted on a network for users or computers to complete defined tasks.
Event 576 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
- Corresponding event ID for 576 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4672