Event ID 4694 - Protection of auditable protected data was attempted
|Sub category||DPAPI Activity|
|Description||Protection of auditable protected data was attempted|
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||
Why event ID 4694 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
User management audit reports from ADAudit Plus help in monitoring user management actions in real-time and maintaining a record of actions done by users, administrators and technicians that helps in efficient functioning of an organization.
Event 4694 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10