Event ID 592 - A new process has been created
|Sub category||Process creation|
|Description||A new process has been created|
In Active Directory, when a program is started or a process is created, event ID 592 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Subject: User who performed the action||
Why event ID 592 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
User management audit reports from ADAudit Plus help in monitoring user management actions in real-time and maintaining a record of actions done by users, administrators and technicians that helps in efficient functioning of an organization.Some critical logon events like logging into a Domain Controller or Member Server require immediate alerts or continuous monitoring. This critical information though logged-in do not have a differentiation or grouping from a normal eventlog and has a greater possibility of being neglected.
In real-time, monitor user logon activity on Domain Controllers with pre-configured audit reports and email alerts. Audit reports ensure the administrator knows the reason behind users’ logon failures, login history, terminal services activity and users’ recent logon activities across the network including Workstations & Servers. Further, the logon audit solution acts as an indispensable tool to facilitate audit of specific logon events, current and past logon activity and lists all logon related changes
ADAudit Plus alerts and tracks User Lifecycle Changes like creation, deletion, and modification of user accounts in real-time which makes Active Directory auditing much easier.
Event 592 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows 2003 and XP
- Corresponding event ID for 592 in Windows Server 2008 and Vista is 4688
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools