AD Search Settings
'AD Search' is located in ADManager Plus' the login page. This is an 'Employee Search' or 'People Finder' option to search for users or information about users in your Active Directory. You don't have to be logged-in to use this 'AD Search'.
You can customize this search to:
- Limit the scope of this search to any specific domain.
- Specify the user attributes / information that should be displayed in the search result.
Moreover, this search option can also be hidden if you do not want to provide this option to your users.
Steps to configure 'AD Search' settings:
- Click on Admin Tab.
- Click on Configure AD Search under Employee Preferences.
- Select the 'Enable Employee Search in the Login page' option located at the top of this page. (If this option is unchecked or not selected, this search option will not be available in the login page.)
- Select the required domain from the list of domains in Select Domain option. (This search will be performed only to the domain that is selected).
- In Available Columns, select the user attributes that should be displayed in the search result.
- Click on the '>>' button to move the required attributes to the Selected Columns.
- Complete the AD Search configuration using Save Settings.
- AD Search is located in the login page.
- Users don't have to be logged-in to use this search.
- This is not a multi-domain search.