You can send customized notifications, via email or SMS, to update the relevant users about the completion of Active Directory management tasks. Based on your need, you can create custom notification profiles, based on the:
-Action performed in AD.
-Domain in which the action is carried out.
-Help desk technician who performs the specified action.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Click the Notification Profile link located under Custom Settings. You will be able to see the list of all available.
- Click the Create New Profilebutton to create a new notification profile.
- Enter the desired profile name, and also a short description for the profile being created.
- In profile criteria,
In Notification Template, click the edit icon and select the desired notification templates based on whether you wish to send the notifications on email, SMS or both. If you wish to create a new notification template, click the Create New Template button located at the top right, and follow the steps listed here
If you want to update or modify the email and SMS attributes, click on the Email/Mobile Attributes button on the top-right corner of the window. In the pop up that opens, select the domain and the type of attribute (email or mobile) that you would like to modify as seen in figure 1. Then you need to add the required attributes (alternate email ID or phone, proxy mail ID, etc). This can be seen in figure 2 below.
- Click the first drop down box and based on your need, select whether you wish to create this notification profile for a specific Active Dirctory management action, the help desk technician who will be performing the action or the domain in which the action is performed.
- Click the second drop down box and select the desired option - Is/ Is not.
- Select the desired actions, domains or the help desk technicians in the third field, to complete this criterion.
- Click the '+' icon to add another criterion, if needed. If you have more than one criterion, please ensure that you select the desired option 'Or/And' to specify whether all or only specific criteria must be satisfied to trigger this notification profile.
- By default, the first attribute listed in the pop-up will be used. In case the first listed attribute does not contain any value, the subsequent attributes containing a value will be considered for use.