Configuring Automation Policy
ADManager Plus provides a simple built-in template that helps you configure automation policies.
The following steps will help you configure a new automation policy.This automation policy can be implemented while creating automation.
- Click on Automation tab
- From the left pane choose "Automation policy"
- A page with the display of all existing automation policies and their details will appear; to create a new automation policy click on create new automation policy on the top-right corner
- In the page that appears configure the settings for the automation policy with the help of the labels
- Automation policy Name: enter a name for the automation process
- Description: add a note that describes the automation process
- Automation Category: choose the Active Directory management category under which the task will be carried out
- Select Domain: choose the domain and OUs where the task should be run
- Instant tasks: choose a task from the drop down list box that has to be run immediately, you can add more by clicking on the plus signs
- Successive tasks: choose the time period after which the successive tasks have to be run, and then choose the task from the drop down list box
- To add more successive tasks click on the add successive task link
- Finally click save and the automation policy will hence be saved
Note: While implementing an automation policy in Automation, the policies defined under the domain and category chosen in the Automation alone will be displayed.