Automated 'Remove Office 365 license'
Monotonous AD management tasks can be automated through ADManager Plus' automation feature. ADManager Plus Automation allows you to automatically raise requests to perform tasks and execute them at pre-specified intervals.
Office 365 licenses of disabled user accounts eat your IT budget. Usually, when employees leave the company their user accounts don't get deleted. It will be disabled and moved to a separate OU and retained for 30 days to access their profile and contact information. However, the Office 365 licenses of such disabled accounts will be unused and should be removed. You can remove Office 365 licenses associated to disabled user accounts in bulk periodically (i.e., monthly, weekly, daily) using ADManager Plus' automation capability.
Steps to automatically remove Office 365 licenses using ADManager Plus
Back to Automation usecases
- Click on Automation tab
- From the left pane choose "Automation"
- A page with the display of all existing automations and their details will appear; to create a new automation click on create new automation on the top-right corner
- Enter "Remove Office 365 license" in the Automation Name field.
- Provide a description like "Remove Office 365 licenses of disabled user accounts" in the Description field.
- In the Automation Category, choose "User automation"
- Choose a domain name from the drop-down list box. Select OUs, if necessary.
- Under Automation Task/Policy, select "Remove O365 licenses" from the drop-down list.
- Select "Remove all licenses" option. From the list of licenses, select the ones you want to remove.
- In the From Reports section, choose "Disabled users" reports. Click Add Condition, select "OU Name" "is" "Resigned employees" from the drop down list to refine the result. To preview this report, click "Generate Report".
- In the Execution time section, specify the time/interval at which this task should be scheduled.
- Enable notification to send Email and SMS alerts to the recipients once the automation is executed.
- Finally click save and save the automation