For each domain that has been linked to the product, configure all the settings required to perform backup operations. During the initial product installation process, the following information is obtained:
- The OUs to be backed up in the domain.
- Object types and their associated attributes to be backed up.
- Also, when new domains are added under Domain Settings, a corresponding entry is made under Backup Settings. The domain name, the selected OUs, objects and backup frequency is listed here for domains that have backup settings configured.
Note: Elasticsearch will be downloaded and saved at the same location as of ADManager Plus automatically.
To modify the existing backup settings for a domain,
- Click the edit icon located in the Action column of the relevant domain.
- Select all or specific OUs to back up in the Select OUs to backup field. You can view the child OUs by expanding the parent OU node.
Note:To backup just the contents of the parent OU and not the contents of the nested containers, select the Exclude child OU(s) options located in the lower-right corner.
- Click the + icon in the Select object types to backup field. In the pop-up that appears, select the objects and attributes that you wish to backup.
Note: All custom attributes created by you will be displayed and you can easily add them. If any custom attribute is missing, search for the particular attribute by clicking the Add Attributes link and providing the LDAP name of the attribute.
- In the Full backup scheduler field, specify the date and time that the backup should be made each month.
- In the Increment Backup Scheduler field, specify if you want the backup to be made daily or weekly.
- Select the day you want the backup to happen in the Take Backup on drop-down.
- Specify the incremental backup time in the Select backup Time field.
- Enter the number of backups you would like to retain, and click Advanced Settings to configure the following:
- In the Deleted objects validity field, specify the number of years you would like to hold deleted AD objects.
- Enable the Use PAExec to backup GPOs option to back up GPOs using PAExec.
- Check the Force Replication option to replicate the changes in your domain controllers before performing a backup.
- Enable the Backup disabled objects option to back up disabled user and computer accounts as well.
Note: When the number of full backups in your repository exceeds the retention limit, the oldest full backup and its subsequent incremental backups will be discarded. To disable backup retention, set the retention period as '0' or leave it empty.
- Click Save to save the settings.