Configuring MSSQL Server
ADManager Plus has extended support for Microsoft SQL database. To start using MS SQL database for your ADManager Plus server repository, follow the steps below. Note that MS SQL does not come bundled with the installation of the product. You can either use the existing MS SQL server at your end as the default database server or download it afresh from Microsoft website.
Steps to be performed in MSSQL Server:
- Click open the 'SQL Server Configuration Manager'
- Go to SQL Server Services >> SQL Server Browser. Make sure that the SQL Server Browser is running.
Note : The SQL Server Browser runs as a Windows service and provides information on SQL Server instances installed on the machine.
- Go to SQL Server Network Configuration >> Protocols for <Instance_Name>. Right click on the 'TCP/IP protocol' and select enable. Restart the 'SQL Server Service' for the change in setting to take effect.
Prerequisites for ADManager Plus to communicate with MS SQL server
- To use MS SQL installed in a remote machine, you would have to install the corresponding SQL native client & command line utilities in the ADManager Plus machine as per the SQL version and CPU type of the machine.
- Copy the following files from the MS SQL Server installation folder to the ADManager Plus\bin folder.
- bcp.exe- <MS SQL Installation Dir>\Tools\Binn\bcp.exe
- bcp.rll- <MS SQL Installation Dir>\Tools\Binn\Resources\1033\bcp.rll
- The TCP and UDP Ports need to be opened if firewall is enabled in SQL Server machine.The UDP Port is normally 1434.
Steps to change the ADManager Plus database to MSSQL
Please shut down ADManager Plus before performing the below steps.
Go to ADManager Plus Home >> \bin and enter ChangeDB.bat in command prompt. This evokes the 'Database Setup wizard' pop up window. Enter the required details to configure the database settings.
- Server Type : Click on the drop down menu and choose 'MSSQL Server'
- Enter the Host Name and Select an instance from the list of available instances.
- Enter a desired database name
- Select the required authentication type. You can choose either 'Windows Authentication' or 'SQL Authentication'.
- Click 'Test' to check if a connection can be established with the provided credent
- Click on 'Save' to save and complete the SQL Server Configuration.
Note: The steps provided above are only for changing the database to MS SQL and not for migrating existing data.