During startup, ADManager Plus adds all the domains that could be discovered.
If you wish to add more domains or modify the added domains, you can do
it from here.
Note: The procedure to add domains like Child Domains, Domains from same and different forests are the same.
To add more domains, follow the steps below:
- Click the Domain Settings link from the client to open the Domain Settings page.
- The domains that are already added are listed here. Click the add new domain link to open the
Add Domain Details dialog.
- Specify the Domain Name.
- Click on Discover
link to locate the domain controllers from the DNS and add. Else, add
all the domain controllers manually. The domain controller that appears
first in the list is considered as the primary domain controller. Use
the up and down arrows to move the added domain controllers in the order
- Specify the authentication details of the user as which the domain controller will be contacted.
- Click ADD to add the domain.
You can perform the following actions from here:
- Default Domain: The domain that is first discovered is considered as default
domain. The default domain is shown in bold letters. Delegating security
roles can only be done to the security principals of the default domain.
If you wish to change the default domain, click the icon from the action column to make it default.
- Modifying Domain: To modify the domain details, click the icon and change the required values and save.
- Deleting a Domain: To delete a domain, click the icon.
- Refreshing the Domain Details: To synchronize the object details with the Active Directory, click the
Note: While adding new domains,
the user name and password provided will be used for management and report
purpose in the product.
If the user entered in the domain settings should have the privilege
to perform a management operation. Read only privilege is sufficient for
a users to view reports.
the first domain controller will be contacted first if it turns unsuccessful
then the next domain controller in the order will be contacted.