Moving Active Directory Organizational Units
ADManager Plus allows you to move multiple organizational units (OU) from one location to another in a single action. It also offers an option to import the list of OUs that you wish to move to.
Steps to move OUs:
- Click the AD Mgmt tab
- Go to OU Management and click the Move OUs option placed under OU Modification
- In the Move OU to another OU page, click the '+' icon located beside the Select the Container field to specify a target location (OU) for the OUs that you wish to move.
- Select the domain in which the OUs to be moved are located. Use the Add OUs link to specify the exact location of the OUs to be moved.
- Locate the OUs to be moved using
- The search option: enter the names of the desired OUs, each name separated by a comma to locate the required OUs
- CSV import: fetch list the OUs to be moved from a CSV file.
- From the list of OUs located using the search option or fetched from the CSV, select the ones that you wish to move.
Note: If you wish to change the target location, you can do so using the '+' icon placed beside the Select the Container field.
- Click Apply to move the selected OUs to the new location.