When the intended purpose of contacts has been completed, the next step is to delete to contacts from Active Directory. Using ADManager Plus, it is very simple to delete bulk contacts from Active Directory in a single stroke.
You have to import the list of contacts that need to be deleted and click Apply.
- Click AD Mgmt → Contact Management → Delete Contacts
- From the drop down menu, select the domain in which the contacts are located.( Note: If you know the OU in which the contacts are located, click the add OUs button and select the appropriate OU)
- You can now use one of the following options to list the contacts that have to be deleted.
- You can import the CSV file (sample CSV file) which contains the list of contacts that have to be deleted. After importing the CSV file, from the drop down menu (on the right hand side), select the attribute based on which you want to display the contact accounts.
- Use the Search option to search for the contacts (Note: To list all the contacts in the domain, hit the search button without entering anything in the Search box.
- Now, use the check box to select the desired list of contacts and click Apply.
The change summary and the status of the modification can be verified.
Roll over the mouse over the icon to see the attributes in the windows native UI.