Create New Computer Creation Template
Based on the organizational, departmental policies or requirements, the values for the attributes will be different for every computer in any organization.
Computer creation templates help the administrators to specify a different set of values for the computer object being created, as per the requirements or policies. These templates help the administrator in completing the process of computer object creation along with all the required attributes, in a single step.
Go to the ‘Create Template’ page, select the domain and enter the values for all the attributes in the tabs and click ‘Save Template’ to save the new template. directory.
- Click on ‘AD Mgmt’ Tab.
- Click on ‘Computer Management’ and then ‘Create Computer Template’
- In the ‘Create Template’ page, enter a name and description for the template.
- Select the domain.
- Click on General Tab and enter the values for the attributes.
- Enter the appropriate values for the ‘Managed By’ and ‘Member Of’ attributes.
- Similarly, click on ‘Dial-in’ tab and select the appropriate ‘Remote Access Permission’.
- Once all the values have been specified for all the Computer attributes, click on ‘Save Template’ to save this template.
Note: Computer Creation Templates can be customized to have only the required tabs and/or fields or to display all the tabs and its fields, as per the requirement. If needed, it is also possible to add customized tabs containing the required fields. For more information, see ‘Creating Computer Creation Template with Drag-n-Drop Enabled’.