Creating Room Mailbox in Exchange and Microsoft 365
ADManager Plus allows you to create room mailboxes in both on-premise Exchange Server as well as on-demand Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) environments, simultaneously, from a single web-based console.
Steps to create a new room mailbox in Exchange Server and Microsoft 365,
- Click the Management tab.
- Go to Mailbox Management.
- Click the create single room mailbox link.
- In the create single room mailbox page, select the domain in which you wish to create the new room mailbox.
- Select the desired room mailbox creation template using the change link located beside the selected template link. If you do not select any template, the default template will be applied.
- Click the General tab
- Enter the appropriate values for all the fields. Display Name, E-mail and Container are mandatory attributes for creating the room mailbox. All mandatory attributes will be highlighted in red.
- Click the Contact tab and enter relevant values for all the telephone, organization and address fields.
- In the Delegates tab, enter the desired values for the fields in the delegates, in/out policy and response message field groups.
- In the Booking Option tab, select the appropriate options for booking, resource scheduling and resource information.
- Select the Exchange Tab and enter relevant values for all the fields. You must specify values for the Mailbox server, mailbox store and mail alias attributes which are mandatory for creating the room mailbox.
- In the Custom attributes tab, select the custom attributes (configured in the schema) that you wish to add in ADManager Plus. To add a custom attribute permanently and use it for multiple management/reporting tasks, click the configure custom attribute link; use the add additional attribute link to add a custom attribute for only a specific operation
- In the Microsoft 365 tab, select the appropriat option from the ones listed to specify whether a room mailbox has to be created in Microsoft 365 as well, and also whether the DirSync option has to be enabled or disabled during mailbox creation.
- Click the Create button to create the new room mailbox.