Managing file servers.
The servers listed in this space will be the set of servers available to you in the pop-up when you try to choose a server for any file server management action.
When a new domain is added to ADManager Plus, it will automatically look up the servers and list them in this section.
ADManager Plus also supports NetApp and Isilon file servers.
Follow these steps to configure NetApp or Isilon file servers:
- Login to ADManager Plus and navigate to the Management tab.
- Under File Server Management, click Manage File Servers listed under Configuration. This window displays the list of all file servers that have been configured currently.
Note: If needed, you can also remove any server from the list by selecting the server and deleting it using the delete button on the top of the list.
Alternatively, you can also click Manage NetApp Servers or Manage Isilon Servers directly and click Add file servers on the top-right corner to add a new file server.
- Click Add file servers. The pop-up displays the list of all computers. Select the desired computer(s) using the checkboxes and click OK.
- The newly added file servers will be added to the existing list. Once this is completed, the new file servers will also be available for all the management and reporting capabilities of ADManager Plus.
In case you face any issues when adding the new file servers, follow these steps:
- In the Windows server in which ADManager Plus is installed, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and click the hosts file.
- Once the hosts file is opened, locate the NetApp or Isilon file server in the file and enter two entries for each file server: the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and the FLAT name, along with their IP addresses.
FLAT Name: computer1
- Once the two entries are added, save the hosts file.
- Re-run the steps to add a new file server.