Removing NTFS permissions
This feture allows you to remove the allow or deny permissions for users on a NTFS share when ever necessary.
Steps in removing NTFS permissions
- Select the folders from which permissions are to be removed.
- Select the user account and / or groups for whom permissions should be changed
- Click the permissions drop down list choose the permissions set to be removed.
- Finally choose the type of permission allow or deny. You can remove different sets of permissions for different users at one go, using the '+' icon located at the end of the row.
- In Folder level select the number of sublevels of folders on which the permissions have to be removed.
- Click on the remove button to apply the changes.
The NTFS permissions will hence be removed.
You will notice a “View Recent Tasks” link on the top-right hand corner, clicking on this will give you a summary of the recent changes made to folder permissions.