Configure Logon hours
Using the configure logon hours feature, you can control when users can logon to the network.
- Regulate user activity
- Block out a malicious user and
- Restrict users from accessing the network after normal working hours
This feature lets you grant or restrict logon privileges for multiple users in just a few steps.
Specify the time/hours during which you wish to allow/restrict access to users, select the appropriate domain, specify the users to whom you wish to apply this logon hours permission and apply the changes.
Click on "AD Mgmt" tab --> User Management'.
Click on Logon Hours.
To set the permitted or restricted logon hours for a user/ set of users
- Click 'Select hours'.
- Enter the logon time frame in the 'from' and 'to' field.
- Check specific days or all days of the week to apply the chosen logon timings.
- Click 'Allow' to grant users permission to logon to the network in the chosen time frame.
- Click 'Deny' to restrict users from logging on to the network in the chosen time frame.
Note: Alternatively you can also set logon hours by,
- Selecting each hour manually from the grid.
- Clicking on the 'Allowed' option to provide round the clock logon privilege from Sunday through Saturday. To block out a user on all the days of the week simply click 'Deny'
Once you have selected the logon hours,
- Pick a domain from the drop down menu.
- Choose the OUs for selected domains.
- Click 'Import CSV' to search for a user by feeding a CSV file. Choose a file to import and click 'Go'
- You can search for users by manually entering multiple user names separated by a comma.
To view the list of all users in the selected domain and OU, leave the search field empty and hit the 'Search' button.
- From the displayed list of users pick specific users and click on 'Apply' to apply the configured logon hours.
- The results can be exported in HTML, CSV, PDF or XLS format.