Enable, disable or schedule auto reply for Exchange Online (Office 365) Mailboxes.
This capability allows you to enable or disable the auto-reply option for Exchange Online users. While enabling auto-reply, you can also set separate messages intra-organizational and external communication.
Further, using this feature, you can enable or disable the auto-reply settings for multiple users, at once, using a CSV file.
- Click the Office 365 tab.
- Click the Management tab located on the LHS of the console.
- Click the Mailbox Management link located under Exchange Online.
- From the features listed under Exchange Mailbox Tasks, click Mailbox Auto Reply Configuration.
- In the auto-reply configuration page,
- Select the appropriate Office 365 tenant.
- In the Auto-Reply field, select enabled if you wish to enable auto-reply. Select disabled to turn off auto-reply; select scheduled if you wish to enable auto-reply for a specific period
- In the Internal Message field, type the message that you wish to use for the intra-organizational communication.
In the External Message field, type the message that you wish to use for communication with external users.
Select the External Audience to whom you wish to send this message; choose All to send the message to all external users; Known to only the ones already added in the contact list, and None – if you wish to disable the auto-reply option for external users and enable it only the internal users.
- In the Find Mailboxes to Modify section, enter the names of the users for whose mailboxes you wish to enable, disable or schedule the auto-reply. You can use the built-in search to locate the desired users or you can also fetch the users list from a CSV file using the CSV Import option.
- Click Apply to save the new settings.