Create computer objects in Active Directory using PowerShell
The following is a comparison between creating computers in an AD domain with Windows PowerShell and ADManager Plus:
Steps to create computer in AD using PowerShell:
- Identify the domain in which you want to create computers in AD.
- Identify the LDAP attributes you need configure.
- Compile the script.
- Execute it in Windows PowerShell.
Sample PowerShell script:
Click to copy entire script
New-ADComputer -Name "DemoComputer001" -SamAccountName "DemoComputer001" -path "OU=Users,DC=abc,DC=com"
Steps to create computers:
- Select Management -> Computer Management -> Create Bulk Computers.
- Select the preferred domain and template.
- Import the CSV file, choose the destination OU and click Create Computers.
» Start 30-day Free Trial
Following are the limitations to create computers in using native tools like Windows PowerShell:
- We can run this script only from the computers which have Active Directory Domain Services role.
- With each attribute update, the script will get longer and complicated
- Troubleshooting is not easy in case of errors.
ADManager Plus can create computers in bulk armed with just a CSV file from a simple and intuitively designed UI.
Provision AD computers in bulk without breaking a sweat with ADManager Plus' bulk management features.
Get 30-day free trial.