How to deploy Adobe Acrobat Pro to computers running Mac operating system?
This document will explain you the steps involved in deploying Adobe Acrobat Pro to computers running Mac operating system.
Follow the steps mentioned below to deploy Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- Customize the Installable
- Create a Package
- Deploy it to target computers
Customize the Installable
Follow the steps mentioned below to customise the Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- Download the Adobe Customization Wizard XI from your Mac computer and
save the AdobeCustomizationWizard11000.dmg file
in your desired location.
- Double click on the downloaded file and open the Adobe Customization Wizard XI
- Under Locate the Installer, specify the location of the installable
(For example: you have copied the Adobe Acrobat Pro contents from the CD, then locate the installable
as mentioned here: /Volumes/Acrobat 11/Adobe Acrobat XI/Adobe Acrobat XI Pro Installer.pkg)
- Enter the Serial Number and choose the preferred Configurations and click OK
For more details, refer to this: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/MacWiz/CustomizationWizardforMac.pdf
- Specify the location where the customized installable (.pkg format) should be saved.
Installable is now customized
and ready to be added to the package. You can compress the .pkg file in .zip format.
Create a Package
- Click Software Deployment tab on Desktop Central console
- Under Software Config select the Package and click Add Package to choose Mac
- Enter the name for the package
- Click Installation tab
- Click Add Files to upload the installable (.zip format) which you have saved after customization.
- Click Add Package to complete package creation
A software package is created and ready to be deployed to the target computers.
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed Adobe Acrobat Pro to the target computers.