How to integrate Desktop Central with Analytics Plus?
This integration offers a gamut of options to visualize and analyze endpoint monitoring data including AI-powered report generation, rich visual analysis, powerful data blending, accurate trend forecasting, dynamic data analysis, real-time collaboration, and secure sharing options. Analytics Plus helps you derive meaningful insights from your endpoint data that can help you better manage and secure your endpoint devices.
- You should be on Desktop Central build 10.0.361 or above.
- Desktop Central should be accessible from the server on which Analytics Plus is running. You can check this by launching the Analytics Plus web console (using a web browser) from the Desktop Central server. You don't have to worry about accessibility if you're running both applications on the same server.
- Desktop Central and Analytics Plus should be running in the same time zone.
- The user account used to connect must have admin privileges in Desktop Central.
Steps to integrate
Follow the below steps to integrate Desktop Central and MangeEngine Analytics Plus
- Download and install Analytics Plus.
- In your Analytics Plus instance, click Import your data from the home screen, and select the ManageEngine Desktop Central tile.
- Click Next in the intro page.
- The API key needs to be generated in Desktop Central.
- In your Desktop Central server, click the Admin tab and select API Explorer under integrations.
- In the API Explorer tab, click Authentication from the left pane.
- Select the Login option under the Authentication menu.
- Select your authentication type from the drop down and provide the login credentials. Click Execute to generate the API key.
- An auth token will be generated in the right pane. You may have to scroll down a bit to view it. Copy the auth token in a separate text file.
- Go back to your Analytics Plus console. Paste the API Key and the Desktop Central URL in the respective input fields. Desktop Central URL is the web-address you use to access Desktop Central. Click Authenticate Desktop Central.
- Choose the modules you wish to import and set up a synchronization interval. It is recommended to select all modules. Click Create to complete the set up.
- A success message will be displayed. Click OK to view the out-of-the-box Desktop Central analytics. Depending on the volume of data in Desktop Central, it may take a few minutes to populate metrics in all the reports and dashboards.
You have successfully integrated Desktop Central with Analytics Plus!