Distribution Server stopped functioning
You will see an error as "Distribution Server stopped functioning" in the SoM -> Remote Office page of the Desktop Central Console.
This error will occur on the following cases, viz.
- When the machine in which your Distribution server is running is down.
- When the Distribution Server service is not running.
- Distribution Server is unable to reach the Desktop Central Server.
You can resolve this issue as follows:
Check and ensure that the machine in which the Distribution Server is running is live.
- From Desktop Central server try pinging the Distribution Server using the machine name/IP/FQDN.
Check and ensure that the Distribution Server is running
- Open services.msc and ensure that the Distribution server is running else start the service.
Check and ensure that Distribution Server can access the Desktop Central Server.
- From the machine where the Distribution Server is installed, open command prompt and type the following command and check if the server is reachable telnet (server name/IP/FQDN) (port number)
Example: telnet 127.0.0.1 8020
- From the machine where the Distribution Server is installed, try accessing your Desktop Central web console.
Unable to resolve this issue?
If you still have troubles in resolving the issue. Contact support firstname.lastname@example.org