Distribution Server stopped functioning
You will see an error as "Distribution Server stopped functioning" in the SoM -> Remote Office page of the Desktop Central Console.
This error will occur on the following cases, viz.
- When the machine in which your Distribution server is running is down.
- When the Distribution Server service is not running.
- Distribution Server is unable to reach the Desktop Central Server.
You can resolve this issue as follows:
Check and ensure that the machine in which the Distribution Server is running is live.
- From Desktop Central server try pinging the Distribution Server using the machine name/IP/FQDN.
Check and ensure that the Distribution Server is running
- Open services.msc and ensure that the Distribution server is running else start the service.
Check and ensure that Distribution Server can access the Desktop Central Server.
- From the machine where the Distribution Server is installed, open command prompt and type the following command and check if the server is reachable telnet (server name/IP/FQDN) (port number)
Example: telnet 127.0.0.1 8020
- From the machine where the Distribution Server is installed, try accessing your Desktop Central web console.