How to install patches in Mac desktops | macOS patch installation
Install Patches in Mac Computers
Follow the steps mentioned below to install patches macOS.
- Click on Patch Management
- Under Deployment select Install Patch
- Choose the operating system as Mac and then create a configuration that needs to be deployed.
Step 1: Name the Configuration
Provide a name and description for the Install Patches Configuration.
Step 2: Define Configuration
specify the following values:
Add the Patches
Click the Add More Patches button to invoke the Patch Browser. From the patch browser select the patches that have to be applied. The patch browser has an option to view the missing patches or all patches, which can then be filtered based on the application and service pack.
If you have reached this configuration page from the Patch Management tab by selecting the patches, the selected patches automatically gets added to the List of Patches.
Specify the following Deployment Settings:
- Install during computer startup: Select this option if the patches have to be deployed during computer startup.
- Install during 90 minutes refresh interval: Select this option if the patches have to be installed after the computer startup when the next update happens (within 90 minutes)
- Either of the above, whichever is earlier
- If you want the installation to happen only between a specified time of a day, you can specify the Start and End time within which the deployment should begin. The Start Time can also be greater than the End time - in such cases the End time is assumed to be on the following day. For example, if you wish the deployment should happen between 10.00 PM and 4.00 AM, you can specify the Start Time as 22:00:00 and End Time as 04:00:00
Allow Users to Skip Deployment
- Specify whether the use can skip the deployment at a later time by selecting the "Allow Users to Skip Deployment". When you do not select this option, the deployment will be forced and the user will not have any control on the deployment.
- When you allow users to skip deployment, you can also specify whether they can skip it as long as they wish or force deployment after a specific date.
- Do not reboot: Select this option if the client computers should not be rebooted after installing the patches.
- Force Reboot when the user has logged in: Select this option to force the user to reboot the computer. Specify the time within which the client machines will be rebooted and the message that has to displayed in the client machines.
- Force Shutdown when the user has logged in: Select this option to force the user to shutdown the computer. Specify the time within which the client machines will be shutdown and the message that has to displayed in the client machines.
- Allow user to skip Reboot: Select this option to allow users to reboot later. Specify the message that has to displayed in the client machines.
- Allow user to skip Shutdown:Select this option to allow users to shutdown later. Specify the message that has to displayed in the client machines.
Step 3: Define Target
Using the Defining Targets procedure, define the targets for deploying the Install Patches Configuration
Step 4: Deploy Configuration
Click the Deploy button to deploy the defined Install Patches Configuration in the defined targets. Deployment will be initiated during the next system startup.
To save the configuration as draft, click Save as Draft.