MDM - Unable to retrieve App data
You might get the error message "Unable to retrieve App data" in the following scenarios;
- While you try to add an App to the App lock profile.
- While associating the App lock profile to devices.
You might get this error message in the following scenarios;
- While you try to add an App to the App lock Profile and the specified App name and the bundle identifier could not be retrieved. This is because the specified App is not found in the App Repository or the relevant App details cannot be fetched from the installed devices.
- While associating the App lock profile to devices, and the specified App is not installed in the device.
- App details like App name and bundle identifier are retrieved either from the App repository or from the end users devices on which the App is installed. So ensure that the App is added in the App repository. In case of App being installed in one of the end users device, make sure that the device is scanned manually after the App installation. After scanning the device, Endpoint Central will be able to retrieve the App data.
- It is recommended to install the specific App in the devices to which the App lock needs to be applied. App lock will not work if the specified App is not installed in the device.
Note : App lock will be applied to the devices immediately if the specified App is already installed in the device. In case if the App is installed only after the App lock profile is applied, the mobile device should be restarted for the App Lock to function.
Applies to: App Lock, App Repository, Mobile Device Management
Keywords: MDM, App Store, Mobile Device, Device Enrollment, App Lock.
|Unable to resolve this issue?
If you feel this KB article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve your issue, upload the required logs
, fill up and submit the form given below. Include details of the issue along with your correct e-mail ID and phone number. Our support team will contact you shortly and give you priority assistance and a resolution for the issue you are facing.
* Mandatory Fields