Desktop Central supports two modes of viewing the remote computers, viz. ActiveX Viewer and HTML5 Viewer. The ActiveX viewer uses the browsers ActiveX components. The browser from where the connection is established will therefore have the ActiveX controls enabled. Here are the steps to enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer.
Steps to enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer
- Select Tools --> Internet Options menu from the Internet Explorer.
- Select the Security tab from the Internet Options dialog.
- Select the appropriate Web content zone and click Custom Level.
- Make the following options available under ActiveX controls and plug-ins to either enableor Prompt:
- Download signed ActiveX controls
- Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Click Ok to save the security settings.
- Click OK to save and close the Internet Options dialog.
Note: It is recommended to add the Desktop Central server URL under trusted site zone of Interent explorer.