How to Schedule Patch Scanning?
This document will guide you through the steps involved in scanning the computers to identify the missing patches at scheduled intervals.
To schedule patch scanning for a set of computers, follow the steps below:
- Select the Patch Mgmt tab
- Click the Automate Patch Deployment link available under Deployment in the left pane. This will list the set of tasks that have already been defined.
- Click Schedule Patch Task to add a new task.
- Name the task and select "Scan the Systems to Identify the Missing Patches" as the deployment option.
- Choose the interval at which the task should be run.
- Select the target computers to be scanned. If required, you can also exclude targets based on Target Type, OS, Machine Type, etc.
- Click Create.
The task gets created and all the chosen computers will be scanned at the scheduled intervals for patches.
- The scanning operation will take fixed time of 2 hours to take into account the agent contact interval of 90 minutes plus an additional scanning buffer of 30 minutes. The status of this task will get updated to completed only after 2 hours from the time of the schedule.
- If you have enabled email notifications, an email with the details of the scan status will be sent after 2 hours of the commencement of the scan process.