ServiceDesk Plus customers now have more than one reason to smile. Yes, ServiceDesk Plus customers will also receive a 100-computer license of Desktop Central, absolutely free. Both Desktop Central and ServiceDesk Plus are closely related products targeting the same customer segments. The offer is valid for all Service Desk Plus purchases from Jan 1, 2011
Benefits of Integrated ServiceDesk Plus and Desktop Central
Desktop Central can be seamlessly integrated with ServiceDesk Plus to offer the folowing:
- Perform Desktop Management functions from and integrated web console.
- Eliminate the need of having multiple agent on the client computers. Desktop Central agent will perform all the funtions of SDP agent and update the data in ServiceDesk Plus database.
- The Asset details from Desktop Central are integrated with ServiceDesk Plus CMDB.
- User Requests from Desktop Central will automatically get logged as Help Desk requests.
- Specific events such as detecting a prohibited software, insufficient license, etc., can be logged as tickets in ServiceDesk Plus.
- You will be able to deploy software to users from the ServiceDesk Plus console.
For more details on integration and steps, refer to here.
Steps to Integrate
Are there any special terms or restrictions attached to this offer?
No, there are no restrictions as such. You will get a 100 computer Professional Edition license of Desktop Central absolutely free. The license is valid for the whole one year. Given below are the terms of this contract:
- The license is not transferable and can only be used within your organization.
- The license is valid for one year and can be used to manage up to 100 computers.
- You are eligible for free support through Email/Forums. If you need telephone support and/or web-based training, you will need to purchase it separately.
- You can upgrade this license anytime during the year by paying the difference amount between the price of the 100 computer license and the new one. Upgrading the license will automatically make you entitled for telephonic support.
- You are entitled for free product updates for the whole year.
- This offer cannot be combied with any other offer.
Instructions to Apply the License
- Ensure that Desktop Central Server is running. Login to the Web Client.
- In any screen of Desktop Central click "License" link available on the top right corner.
- In the pop-up, under "Enter License File" column give the path of the License File where it was stored directly or using the browse option. Then click "Upgrade" button.
- The screen will say "License upgraded Successfully" at the bottom along with the details of the license on the top.
Next Steps ..