How to make Desktop Central use third-party mail servers to send email notifications?
Desktop Central requires your mail server settings for email notifications of various events. If you are using a third-party service for email, you can make Desktop Central use it for sending email notifications. For example, if you wish to use Google Apps for emails, you should configure as below:
- Select Admin --> Mail Server Settings
- Specify the following values:
- Server Name as "smtp.gmail.com"
- Port as 587
- Email type as "SMTP"
- Select "Yes" to enable TLS
- Select Requires Authentication and specify your gmail username and password
- Click "Send a Test Mail" button to check your settings.
- Click OK to save the settings.