How to upgrade to Mac Mojave Operating System using Desktop Central?
This document provides the steps required to upgrade Mac operating system to 10.14 Mojave using Desktop Central. Deploying Mojave will not impact any data on the target computers, this will upgrade only the operating system.
You can upgrade your Mac operating system to Mojave 10.14, only if the following system requirements are met:
- Computer should be running on Mac 10.8 or later versions
- A minimum of 18.5 GB free space is required on the hard disk
- A minimum of 2 GB RAM memory is required
You can refer this link for more details : MacOS 10.14 Mojave System Requirements
To deploy 10.14 Mojave, follow the steps given below:
- Download macOS Mojave from App store. This will be stored in Applications folder.
- From Applications folder, execute tar -zcvf installMojave.tar.gz Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/ in terminal to zip the application.
- Download the script.
- It is mandatory to execute the command from Applications folder.
- By executing cd /Applications/ you can navigate to Applications folder from the terminal.
Deploying 10.14 Mojave using Desktop Central
- Click on Software Deployment Tab
- Under Packages, choose to Add Mac Package
- Provide the Package Name and License Type.
- Upload the application file (compressed file of the installable) and the script file (zip file of the downloaded script).
- Under Advanced Options, provide the installation command ./OSUpgrade.sh to call the script.
- Click Add package.
- Create a software installation configuration using this package and deploy it to the target computers.
You have successfully deployed 10.14 Mojave operating system to the target computers.