License Details - Distributed Edition Admin Server
Unlike some of our competitors, who charge based on log volume processed, ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer offers a simple licensing model. Licensing is based on the edition, license model and number of devices. The editions are, Standalone – Premium, Standalone – Professional, and Distributed. The license models are, Perpetual (Standard) and Annual Subscription Model (ASM).
Sub-editions of Standalone Edition
If your company is a Small or Medium Business (SMB), the network is in a single geographical location, and the number hosts and/or applications to be monitored is less than 600, Standalone edition is suitable for your company.
- Premium Edition - This edition offers complete Security Information Management (SIM) function with basic log management features and value added SIM features. ManageEngine recommends this edition for wholesome internal network security and future needs of your IT network
- Professional Edition - This edition offers basic log management and minimum required Security Information Management (SIM) function to secure your company IT network
If your company is a Large Business, the network is in multiple geographical locations, and the number hosts and/or applications to be monitored is more than 600 and less than 12000, Distributed edition is suitable for your company. The Distributed edition is packed with all the Standalone – Premium Edition features and the Distributed Edition features
Further the license is available in two models Perpetual and Subscription.
- Perpetual model
In this model, the licensing is perpetual and a nominal amount is charged as Annual Maintenance and Support (AMS) fee to provide the maintenance, support, and updates.
- Subscription model
In this model, the license is valid for one year and after that the license gets expired. To continue the license should be renewed every year. Annual Maintenance and Support (AMS) fee is included in the subscription price and not charged separately.
Advantages of ManageEngine Licensing
- Simple host/application based, cost conscious, need based licensing
- The 64 bit installation is also of the same price as 32 bit installation
- The Distributed license is applied on the Admin server and there will be no restriction on the number of Managed servers’ deployment
How to choose the license
- Assess your network and decide upon Standalone or Distributed.
- In Distributed edition, choose Perpetual model for license with no expiry and choose Annual Subscription Model for low entry cost and then decide upon the number of hosts/ applications to be monitored
- In Standalone edition, choose Premium edition if you want to monitor hosts/ applications plus value added features and choose Professional edition if you want to monitor only hosts without value added features. Choose Perpetual model for license with no expiry and choose Annual Subscription Model for low entry cost and then decide upon the number of host/ applications to be monitored
Decision Chart to decide EventLog Analyzer Edition
How to upgrade the evaluator license to purchased license
- Before upgrading the current license, ensure that you save the new license file from ZOHO Corp. on the machine in which EventLog Analyzer is installed
- Browse for the new license file and select it
- Click Upgrade to apply the new license file
||Note: The new license is applied with immediate effect. You do not have to shut down and restart the server after the license is applied.
Display license details
After you log in to EventLog Analyzer, click the Upgrade License link present in the top-right corner of the UI. The License window that opens up displays the license information for the current EventLog Analyzer installation.
The License window displays the following information:
Maximum number of hosts that you are allowed to manage
- Type of license applied - Free or Professional or Premium
- Number of days remaining for the license to expire