- Get log data from systems, devices, and applications
- Search any log data and extract new fields to extend search
- Get IT audit reports generated to assess the network security and comply with regulatory acts
- Get notified in real-time for event alerts and provide quick remediation
EventLog Analyzer is a web-based, real-time, log monitoring and compliance management solution for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) that improves internal network security and helps you to comply with the latest IT audit requirement. Using an agent-less architecture, EventLog Analyzer can collect, analyze, search, report, and archive an extensive array of machine generated logs received from Systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX…), Network Devices (routers, switches, etc…), Applications (Oracle, Apache, etc…) and then provides important insights into network user activities, policy violations, network anomalies, system downtime, and internal threats. It is used by network administrators and IT mangers to perform network system audits and generate regulatory compliance reports for SOX, HIPAA, PCI DSS, GLBA, etc.
You can use EventLog Analyzer to:
- Monitor network activities of servers, workstations, devices, and applications spread across geographies
- Monitor user activities like user logons/logoffs, failed logons, objects accessed, etc…
- Generate reports for top network events, user activities, and network event trends
- Generate compliance reports for PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, SOX, GLBA and other regulatory acts
- Perform log forensics by searching across any log format and save the search results as reports
- Configure automatic alert notification through email or SMS for specific events, network anomalies and compliance threshold violations
- Execute custom scripts or programs on alert generation to automatically remediate the security issue
- Create custom IT reports to address internal security audit
- Create custom compliance reports for IT Auditors
- Schedule reports for auto generation and distribution
- Tamper-proof and secure archival of log data for forensic analysis and compliance audits
Get log data from machines and applications
ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer collects, analyzes, searches, reports, and archives on event logs from distributed Windows hosts; syslogs from Linux/UNIX hosts, Routers, Switches and other syslog devices; application logs from IIS Web/FTP Servers, Print Servers, MS SQL Server, Oracle Database Server, DHCP Windows/Linux Servers. For real-time Windows event log collection, DCOM, WMI, RPC has to be enabled in the remote windows machine for the logs to be collected by EventLog Analyzer. For real-time syslog collection ensure that the syslog listener ports in EventLog Analyzer are configured to listen to the port where the syslog or syslog-ng service is running on that particular (Cisco Device or UNIX or HP-UX or Solaris or IBM AIX) machine. And for application logs, EventLog Analyzer can be scheduled to import logs (HTTP or FTP) periodically from the application hosts. You can also import and analyze the older logs from Windows and Linux machines.
Search any log data and extract new fields to extend search
EventLog Analyzer provides a powerful ‘universal log search’ engine for all types of machine generated logs. Universal log search is made possible with the help of ‘field extraction’ procedure, where you can define/extract new fields from your log data, in addition to the set of default fields that EventLog Analyzer automatically parses and indexes. Once a new field has been ‘extracted’, EventLog Analyzer automatically parses and indexes these new fields from the new logs that are received by EventLog Analyzer subsequently; this drastically improves your search performance and helps EventLog Analyzer handle any kind of log formats.
Get reports generated to assess the network security and comply with regulatory acts
EventLog Analyzer provides a set of canned reports addressing important aspects of internal security. The reports are, top N reports about network events, network user activity, network audit (compliance), and network activity trends. The software has the flexibility to create unlimited number of custom reports to address your IT department’s complex requirements. Over and above the set of canned reports for SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA and PCI, EventLog Analyzer also allows you to create customized reports for other compliance requirements like ISO27001/2, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Audit Requirements, etc. With this software you can schedule periodical report generation and distribute to various users in different formats.
Get notified in real-time for event alerts and provide earliest remediation
EventLog Analyzer comes with another versatile feature, real-time alerts. You can configure alerts to notify in real-time for any specific network events or anomalies. You can get instant notification via email and SMS. You can also execute a program or script on alert generation and take remedial or other actions for the particular alert.