Configuring the Syslog Service on WatchGuard devices
To configure the Syslog service in your WatchGuard devices, follow the steps below:
- Login to the WatchGuard device as an administrator.
- Navigate to System> Logging> Syslog.
- Enable the Send log messages to the syslog server at this IP address checkbox.
- Type the EventLog Analyzer server's IP address in the box provided for IP address.
- Select 514 in the box provided for Port.
- Select Syslog from the Log Format drop-down list.
- If you want to include date and time in the log message details, enable the Time stamp checkbox.
- If you want to add serial numbers in log message details, enable Serial number of the device checkbox.
- Select a syslog facility for each type of log message in the Syslog settings section drop-down list.
- For high-priority syslog messages, such as alarms, select Local0.
- To assign priorities for other types of log messages select Local1 - Local7.
- To not send details for a message type, select NONE.
Note: Lower numbers have greater priority.
- Click SAVE