EventLog Analyzer is a web-based, real-time, log monitoring and compliance management solution for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) that improves internal network security and helps you comply with the latest IT audit requirement. Using an agentless architecture, EventLog Analyzer can collect, analyze, search, report on, and archive an extensive array of machine generated logs received from systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, etc.), network devices (routers, switches, etc.), applications (Oracle, Apache, etc.). It provides important insights into network user activities, policy violations, network anomalies, system downtime, and internal threats. It is used by network administrators and IT managers to perform network system audits and generate regulatory compliance reports for policies such as SOX, HIPAA, PCI DSS, GLBA, etc.
You can use EventLog Analyzer to:
- Monitor network activities of servers, workstations, devices, and applications spread across geographies.
- Monitor user activities like logons/logoffs, failed logons, objects accessed, etc.
- Generate reports for top network events, user activities, and network event trends.
- Generate compliance reports for PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, SOX, GLBA and other regulatory acts.
- Perform log forensics by searching across any log format and save the search results as reports.
- Configure automatic e-mail or SMS alerts for specific events, such as network anomalies or compliance threshold violations.
- Execute custom scripts or programs upon alert generation to automatically remediate the security issue.
- Create custom IT reports to address internal security audits.
- Create custom compliance reports for IT auditors.
- Schedule reports for auto generation and distribution.
- Tamper-proof and secure archival of log data for forensic analysis and compliance audits.
Get log data from machines and applications
ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer collects, analyzes, searches, reports on, and archives event logs from distributed Windows devices; syslogs from Linux/UNIX devices, routers, switches and other syslog devices; and application logs from IIS web/FTP servers, print servers, MS SQL and Oracle database servers, DHCP Windows/Linux servers, and many more.
- For real-time Windows event log collection, DCOM, WMI, and RPC have to be enabled in the remote windows machine for the logs to be collected by EventLog Analyzer.
- For real-time syslog collection ensure that the syslog listener ports in EventLog Analyzer are configured to listen to the port where the syslog or syslog-ng service is running on that particular (Cisco device, UNIX, HP-UX, Solaris or IBM AIX) machine.
- For application logs, EventLog Analyzer can be scheduled to import logs (HTTP or FTP) periodically from the application devices. You can also import and analyze the older logs from Windows and Linux machines.
Search log data and extract new fields to extend search
EventLog Analyzer provides a powerful universal log search engine for all types of machine generated logs. Universal log search is made possible with the help of the field extraction procedure, which allows you to define/extract new fields from your log data, in addition to the set of default fields that EventLog Analyzer automatically parses and indexes. Once new fields have been extracted, EventLog Analyzer automatically parses and indexes them from the new logs that are subsequently received; this drastically improves your search performance and helps EventLog Analyzer handle any kind of log format.
Generate IT audit reports to assess network security and comply with IT regulations
EventLog Analyzer provides a set of canned reports addressing important aspects of internal security. These include reports about top N network events, network user activity, network audit (compliance), and network activity trends. The software has the flexibility to create unlimited number of custom reports to address your IT department’s complex requirements. Over and above the set of canned reports for SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA and PCI, EventLog Analyzer also allows you to create customized reports for other compliance requirements like ISO27001/2, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Audit Requirements, etc. With this software you can schedule periodic report generation and distribute them to various users in different formats.
Real-time event correlation, instant alert notification and quick remediation
EventLog Analyzer comes with another versatile feature, real-time event correlation and instant alert notification. The software can correlate events based on threshold conditions or anomalous events and generate alerts in real-time. You can get instant notification via email and SMS. You can also execute a custom script or program upon alert generation and take quick remedial action to secure your network assets.