Configuring External Applications
Configuring ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
1.Login to Password Manager Pro and perform the following actions.
(a) Navigate to Audit -> Resource Audit -> Audit Actions -> Configure Resource Audit. Enable the Generate Syslog option for all operations and click Save.
(b) Navigate to Audit -> User Audit -> Audit Actions -> Configure User Audit. Enable the Generate Syslog option for all operations and click Save.
(c) Navigate to Admin -> Integration -> SNMP Traps / Syslog Settings and click Syslog Collector.
- Enter the EventLog Server name and a port that the EventLog Analyzer instance is listening to.
- Select the protocol (UDP/TCP) and a facility name. Click Save.
Configuring ManageEngine OpManager
1. Login to OpManager.
2, Navigate to Settings -> Notifications.
3. Click Add.
(a) Profile Type
Select Syslog Profile.
Enter the following details:
Destination Host - EventLog Analyzer server name or IP address.
Destination Port - Any port that the EventLog Analyzer instance is listening to.
Severity and Facility must be the default values i.e. $severity and kernel.
For EventLog Analyzer to parse logs from OpManager, the message variables in the syslog profile of OpManager should be entered in the below given format:
Mandatory message variables:
Other important message variables:
- Entity: $entity
- Last Polled Value: $lastPolledValue
4. Click Next.
- Check the Criteria check-box.
- Enable notification for all severities and click Next.
(c) Device Selection
- Select By Device and select all the devices listed under Remaining Devices and click Next.
- You don't have to configure anything in this section. Simply click Next.
- Enter a profile name and click Save.
If the same machine is running two or more ManageEngine products, ensure the following:
* A port is used by only one ManageEngine product.
* The EventLog Analyzer port receiving logs from OpManager and Password Manager Pro is not used by other ManageEngine products.