EventLog Analyzer API FAQs
What can I search with this API?
Anything. All you need to do is just enter the search term in the search box, EventLog Analyzer will automatically lookup for the term in your log message.
How can I search for a specific field?
You can search for a specific field with the help of boolean operators.
- Type the field name followed by either one of these boolean operators as per your requirement: =, !=, <, >, <=, >=
- Enter the term you are looking for after the boolean operator
- For instance, if you want to look up for login failures by the user paul, then you can do it with the following query
USERNAME = paul AND EVENTID = 529
Facts for performing search at an ease
- To perform single character wildcard search, use the '?' symbol.
- To perform multiple character wildcard search, use the symbol '*'
- Always enclose the phrase search in double quotes.
- Following boolean operators are available for performing searches: AND, OR, NOT
- To search based on range of values, use square brackets
- USERNAME = [alice TO charlie] - this will return all the logs with the username from alice to charlie