Migrating EventLog Analyzer Data from MSSQL to MySQL Database
EventLog Analyzer lets users to migrate the existing EventLog Analyzer data available in MSSQL database to MySQL database.
The steps to migrate and run the Eventlog Analyzer server with MySQL as the database is given below:
- Stop the Eventlog Analyzer Server/Service.
- Invoke the <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\tools\backUpDatabase.bat in command prompt, to backup the data available in MSSQL Server database and wait till the data backup is getting completed. By default backup file will be stored under <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\backup directory with the file name like 'backup_eventlog_<Build_Number>_MM_DD_YYYY_hh_mm.data'.
- Run <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\bin\startDB.bat in command prompt.
- Invoke the <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\tools\changeDBServer.bat in command prompt, to configure the MySQL SERVER credentials like Host Name, Port, UserName and Password.
- Database Setup Wizard pops-up.
- In the wizard screen, select Server Type as Mysql Server.
- Enter the Host Name and Port of the MySQL Server.
- Enter the User Name and Password.
- Click Test button to check whether the credentials are correct. If the test fails, the credentials may be wrong, recheck and enter the correct credentials.
- Click Save button to save the MySQL Server configuration. Note that, it will take few minutes to configure the settings of the MySQL database.
- Run <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\bin\stopDB.bat in command prompt.
- Invoke the <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\bin\run.bat to start the Eventlog Analyzer server in command prompt.
- After the server is started completely, stop the server by terminating the run.bat in the command prompt or invoke the <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\bin\shutdown.bat
- Invoke the <Eventlog Analyzer Home>\tools\restoreDatabase.bat, browse and select the created backup file. Now click on 'OK' and wait till the database is completely restored.
Executing the restoreDatabase.bat will delete the existing data, if any.
- Start the Eventlog Analyzer Server/Service to work with the MySQL as the database.
You can also change the backup directory. Execute the batch file to backup by passing the absolute path of the directory as argument in the command prompt. Example command execution as follows:
<Eventlog Analyzer Home>\tools:\>backUpDatabase.bat D:\Mysql
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.