How to monitor the logs from Amazon Web Services (AWS) Windows instance
The procedure to configure the feature is given below:
Requisites for AWS Windows instance log monitoring
Download the EventLog Analyzer jar file (EventLogAnalyzerJSP.jar) in the EventLog Analyzer server machine from the given URL: https://www.manageengine.com/products/eventlog/91517554/EventLogAnalyzerJSP.jar
Stop the EventLog Analyzer service and replace this file available under <EventLog Analyzer Home>/lib folder
Restart EventLog Analyzer service
Ensure that your EC2 Windows instance can be accessed from EventLog Analyzer server
Procedure to install
- Install the agent with EventLog Analyzer server details
- Welcome screen with copyright protection message appears
- Asks for confirmation for agent installation
- Enter the server details viz., Server Name or Server IP Adress, Server Database (chooses from PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL), Server Protocol (choose HTTP or HTTPS), AWS Instance (choose Yes if agent installation is on AWS, No if it is not), Server Port (mention the HTTP/HTTPS server port, default port will be 8400)
- EventLog Analyzer agent is installed as a service in AWS Windows instance.
- Check whether the service is running
EC2 server name is resolved from the IP address provided
You can check the AWS instance is displayed in both 'Hosts' sub tab and Agent Administration settings page.
After five minutes you can view the reports rolling out for AWS instance.
- Install one agent on each AWS Windows server instance
- You should not associate other AWS server instances with AWS agent