Microsoft SQL Server monitoring
With many organizations using Microsoft SQL Server, protecting the confidential data within these database servers should be a priority for security professionals. Because organizations tend to have a number of SQL Servers installed, manually configuring each one for log management and auditing is a time-consuming task. Even with successful configuration, tracking SQL Server activity is generally placed on the back burner, as the importance of this task is often overlooked.
EventLog Analyzer is a log management tool that provides a solution for organizations who not only have multiple SQL Servers to configure, but also need to monitor activity on these servers. EventLog Analyzer automatically discovers SQL Servers in your network and displays them in a list; from there, you can decide which ones need to be audited.
It also provides a plethora of predefined reports that select essential information from your SQL Servers' log data to pinpoint events that may need your attention. EventLog Analyzer automatically collects activity logs from SQL Servers and helps you make sense of the information stored there. You can drill down and filter reports, customize alerts, perform log searches, and archive logs for powerful and effective management of SQL Servers—all while sticking to your budget.
Key features of EventLog Analyzer:
- Privileged user activity analysis: Detect unauthorized access with successful and failed logon reports, keep track of permission and authority changes, identify the most frequent accesses, and more.
- SQL Server object change tracking: Track user activity with reports on creation, deletion, and modification of several server-level objects, such as server roles, server audit objects, and server audit specification objects.
- SQL Server activity monitoring: Monitor server activity such as server startups and shutdowns, backup and recovery, SQL trace activity, and more.
- Server event trend analysis: Analyze SQL Server activity over time.
- Correlate SQL server logs with logs from other devices: Detect potential attack patterns using this product's correlation feature (Watch video).
- Real-time alerts via SMS or email: With real-time security alerts, quickly identify and mitigate an attack on the network.
Available reports for auditing SQL Server activities:
Database backup report | Database restoration report | Transaction log backup report | Admin authority changes report | Permission changes report | Owner Changes report | Created server roles | Dropped server roles | Altered server roles | Created Server Audits | Dropped Server Audits | Altered server audits | Created Server Audit Specifications | Dropped Server Audit Specifications | Altered Server Audit Specifications | Created Database Audit Specifications | Dropped Database Audit Specifications | Altered Database Audit Specifications | Changed Audit Sessions | Shutdown and Failure Audits | Trace Audit C2 On | Trace Audit C2 Off | Started Trace Audits | Stopped Trace Audits | Server Startups | Server shutdowns | Logons | Failure logons | Logout Accounts | Top logons based on user | Top logons based on remote hosts | Top failure logons based on users | Top failure logons based on remote hosts | Logons Trend | Failed Logons Trend | Event Trend report | Most Used Tables | Table Update Report | Index Information report | Server Information Report | Waits Information Report | Blocked Processes Report | Schema Change History | Object Change History | Connected Applications Report | Last Backup of Database | Last DBCC Activity
Keep close tabs on your Misrosoft SQL servers.
Download a free trial now!