- Who should go for Firewall Analyzer - distributed setup (Distributed Edition)?
We recommend distributed setup (Distributed Edition):
- If your's is a large enterprise, which have hundreds of security devices (like Firewalls, IPS, IDS), VPN devices and proxy devices to manage across different geographical locations.
- If you are a Managed Security Service Provide (MSSP), having a large customer base spread across geographical locations.
- How many Collector Servers can a single Admin Server manage?
One Admin Server is designed to manage 50 Collector Servers. However, we have carried out simulated testing in our laboratory, which effortlessly managed 20 Collector Servers.
- During installation of Admin Server, I am prompted for Proxy Server details? When should I configure it?
You need to configure the proxy server details during Admin Server installation, if the Admin Server needs to pass through Proxy Server to contact Collector Servers.
- Can I convert the existing "Standalone" Firewall Analyzer installation to a "Distributed Setup"?
Yes, you can. Ensure that the existing installation of Firewall Analyzer build is 6000 or later. To convert, you need download the Firewall Analyzer exe/bin of same version as the existing installation and install as Admin Server. Then you need to convert the existing installation of Firewall Analyzer Standalone Server to Collector Server. We recommend to upgarde to the latest version before the conversion. Refer the procedure in the below help link:
Procedure to convert existing Standalone Edition Firewall Analyzer installation to Distributed Edition Collector Server
- I have deleted the Collector Server from Admin Server. How do I re-add?
Once you have deleted the Collector Server, to re-add follow the procedure given below:
- Reinitialize the Collector Server.
- Re-register the Collector Server with Admin Server by executing the <Firewall Analyzer Home>\troubleshooting\registerWithAdminServer.bat/sh file.
- Restart the Collector Server.
- Where the collected logs are stored, whether in Collector Server database or in both Collector Server and Admin Server databases?
All the logs collected by the Collector Server are stored in the Collector Server database only. For archiving, there is a provision to forward the logs to the Admin Server, but not for storing in the Admin Server database.
Secured Communication Mode (HTTPS)
- What is the mode of communication between Admin Server and Collector Server?
By default, the mode of communication is through HTTP. There is also an option to convert it to secured mode of communication HTTPS. Refer the procedure in the below help link, to setup secure communication mode between Admin and Collector Server.
- I have changed the Collector Server communication mode to HTTPS, after installation. How to update this info in Admin server?
Click on Settings tab > Collector Settings link in Admin Server UI and click on the Edit icon of specific Collector and select the appropriate protocol and configure the web server port details.
- What are the "Licensing Terms" for Firewall Analyzer Distributed Edition?
Firewall Analyzer Distributed Edition license will be applied in Admin Server. The number of devices for which the license is purchased, is utilized among the registered Collector Servers. You can keep adding the devices in various Collector Servers till the total number of licenses purchased get exhausted. View the number of devices managed by each Collector Server in the Collector Settings page.
If the number of devices being collectively managed by all the registered Collector Servers, exceed the number of License purchased, a warning message appears in the Admin Server. In that scenario, you have various options.
- Purchase license to manage the additional devices.
- Otherwise, check the number of devices being managed by each Collector Server in the Collector Settings page in the Admin Server.
- Go to the individual Collector Server License Management page and manually manage the licenses. Unmanage the lesser required devices and make the managed devices count equal to the number of licenses.
- You can also remove a registered Collector Server in the Admin Server to make the managed devices count equal to the number of licenses.
- In Collector Server there no is option to apply the license? How the license get applied in the Collector Server?
Yes, there is no option to apply the license in Collector Server. The license applied in Admin Server will be automatically propagated to all Collector Servers.
- "License Restricted" alert is showing in Admin Server, even though I have unmanaged additional devices in Collector Server. Why?
The managed/unmanaged status of devices in Collector Server are synchronized with Admin Server during the data collection cycle, which happens at an interval of 5 minutes.