Creating Custom Criteria Reports
Firewall Analyzer lets you define custom criteria and set up new reports. These
reports are added to the Available Reports list, in Step 2 of the Add
Report Profile wizard.
- In Step 2 of the Add Report Profile wizard, click
to add a new report
- In the Define New Report popup window that opens, enter a unique name for the report in the Report Name field.
- In the Report based on selection, choose Protocol, URL, Event, VPN, Rule, Attack, Virus, Spam, Host, Server depending on the report criteria you want to specify.
- In the Display option, select one of the three options: Graph & Table, Graph, Table.
- In the Graph Settings tab, choose the following:
- The type of graph to be displayed, in the Graph Types drop-down
list. The Graph Types are: Vertical Bar Chart, Vertical 3-D Bar Chart, Stacked Vertical Bar Chart, Horizontal Bar Chart, Horizontal 3-D Bar Chart, Stacked Horizontal Bar Chart, Pie Chart, 3-D Pie Chart, Time Series. A preview of the graph will be available besides the Graph Types selection. The Time Series graph will give Time Vs any of attributes: Hits, Total Bytes, Bytes Sent, Bytes Received.
- The attributes to be used for the X and Y axes of the graph, along
with the labels to be displayed. The Y-axis attributes are: Sum of Bytes Received, Sum of Total Bytes, Sum of Bytes Sent, Sum of Request Count, Sum of Duration and the X-axis attributes are: Resource, Source, User, Destination, Protocol, Time, Duration, Request Count, Bytes Received, Bytes Sent, Total Bytes.
- The attribute based on which all data will be grouped together,
in the Grouping Criteria option. The options are: Resource, Source, User, Destination, Protocol, Time. Click icon
to Add Secondary 'Group By' option, this will
useful for generating Stacked Graphs report.
- The attribute based on which data will be sorted, in the Order
By option. The potions are: Sum of Bytes Received, Sum of Total Bytes, Sum of Bytes Sent, Time, Sum of Request Count, Sum of Duration.
- In the Table Settings tab, choose the values to be shown
in the table of the report. Select from the Available Headers table and click >> button to the header to Selected Header table. The values of the selected headers will be displayed in the table.
- Once you have selected all the required options, click Apply to include this new report in the Available Reports list. Select the checkbox
next to this report to include it in a report
You can click the
icon at any time to delete a custom report from the Available Reports list.