Performing offline imaging
To perform offline imaging, the system shoud be booted using the bootable media and imaging will be performed within the Windows Pre-installed Environment (WinPE). Here the winPE media will be bundled with ManageEngine OS Deployment components which will help in imaging process.
After creating the bootable media. Follow the steps given below to perform offline imaging,
- Go to the system where you have to perform offline imaging.
- Open "Boot mode set up" to boot the machine in WinPE using PXE or USB or ISO media. To know more about PXE boot server, click here.
Note: To perform offline imaging in remote office, ensure to use remote office bootable media.
- Refer this document to create and boot the computer using bootable media. Once the machine is booted into Windows Pre-installed Environment, the OS Deployment console will open.
- Specify OS Deployer Admin Credential to login for on-premise edition. For cloud edition, you can login using authentication code.
- Select Create image.
- All the disk partitions in the target computer will be displayed. Select the disk partitions you want to image.
- Select the image repository where you want to store the image. Ensure that you have configured the image repository in the product console.
- Specify a name for the image.
- Select the Memory usage level, here all the RAM memory will be available only for the imaging process. Based on the level you select, memory will be consumed for imaging.
- Click Start Imaging.
Offline image creation will get started now.