Before proceeding with the upgrade from a previous version of ManageEngine OS Deployer, make sure that you have one or more license keys for ManageEngine OS Deployer 5. These can be either standard license keys or upgrade license keys. An upgrade license key enables you to continue using a license key for the previous version (“old” license key). The old license key cannot be reassigned to a different machine. You need at least one license key for ManageEngine OS Deployer 5 (no matter which type) to be able to upgrade ManageEngine OS Deploy Server. This license key will remain available.
- Perform the following steps on each machine where any component of ManageEngine OS Deployer 4 is installed. Start with the machine where ManageEngine License Server is installed.
- Start the setup program of ManageEngine OS Deployer 5. Download from here.
- Click Install ManageEngine OS Deployer 5.
- Click Update.
- If you are upgrading ManageEngine License Server, provide the license keys for ManageEngine OS Deployer 5. The license keys for ManageEngine OS Deployer 4 remain stored on the license server.
- If you are upgrading ManageEngine OS Deploy Server apart from ManageEngine License Server, specify the machine with the license server.
- Review the installation summary, and then click Install.
- Upgrading ManageEngine PXE Server removes all components of ManageEngine OS Deployer 4 that are uploaded to the PXE server. To continue using the PXE server, you need to upload the new components by connecting to the PXE server and clicking Upload components. For details, see the “Configuring ManageEngine PXE Server” section of the built-in Help.
- Upgrading from older versions
- Components of versions of ManageEngine OS Deployer earlier than 4 are incompatible with ManageEngine OS Deployer 5. To perform the upgrade:
- Prepare a list of license keys that includes the license keys for the older version, and standard or upgrade license keys for ManageEngine OS Deployer 5.
- Uninstall all components of the older version.
- Install ManageEngine OS Deployer 5. For example, you can perform a typical installation. When prompted, specify all license keys from your list.