We recommend users to move to the latest version (Build #3506)
The following are the enhancements and bug fixes:
- OS Deployer can be installed on Windows 7, 2008 and 2008 R2
- Windows 7 support (including remote installation and remote management of OS Deployer 3 components)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 support (including remote installation and remote management of OS Deploye 3.0 components).
- Wrong log message when a unicast or multicast session fails to start on a FileServer.
- OS Deployer License Server displays a Standard license type as an Upgrade license.
- OS Deployer, OS Deploy Server sets IPv6 as a default address instead of IPv4.
- Deployment of Lenovo machines fails with the "Signature Failure" message.
- Some wizard steps are missing in OS Deployer Standalone tool.
- The computer does not shut down after deployment with the "Shut down computer" option chosen.
- OS Deployer cannot detect a Broadcom NIC.
- Administrator looses admin privileges after deployment with a changing SID.
- Image deployment with RAID-1 fails if it is deployed to a larger array.
- Deployment fails on Windows 2008 R2 with the error message "Failed to register autoSID tool".
- After deploying Windows 7 with changing SID the login procedure fails with the error message: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded".
- OS Deployer License Server asks for credentials when connecting to a local machine.
- Deployment of a Windows 7 image to multiple machines fails with the error message: "Image corrupted".
- A folder is empty on a target machine after deployment.
How to find the Build Number?
- Start the Management Console.
- Click Help -> About
- You will find the four digit build number here.
Instructions to Upgrade
- Download the latest EXE's
- Start the Management Console and see which build you are using.
- If you are using Acronis build (you will find the product name as Acronis Snap Deploy)- uninstall it completely and install ManageEngine OS Deployer.
- If you are using OS Deployer build (the product name will be ManageEngine OS Deployer), follow the steps below:
- Close all the open applications like Management Console, License Manager, etc.
- Execute the EXE and follow the instructions. The existing version will be automatically upgraded to the latest version