If you have many resources with identical properties, you may just add one resource and get multiple copies of the same in PMP. This simplifies the resource addition process in such scenarios.
You can copy a single resource or multiple resources and duplicate them as separate resources in PMP. The duplicated resources could then be edited to suit your requirements.
To copy resources,
- Navigate to Resources tab and select the specific resource(s) to be copied.
- Next, click on Resource Actions button at the top of the resources list and select Copy Resources from the dropdown.
In the UI that opens, you need to select the specific properties, which you want the copied resources to inherit:
- All sharing permissions - Resource(s) level and account(s) level sharing can be inherited. When you select this, all the sharing permissions of the original resource will be inherited by the copy or copies.
- Access control settings - If you select this option, the access control setting configured for the original resource, will be inherited by the copy or copies.
- All acounts - This will copy all the accounts that are part of the resource(s) being copied.
- Password history - Password history of account(s) that are part of the resource(s) being copied.
- You also have the option to add the resultant copy resource to all the resource group(s) to which the original resource(s) belong(s).
- You can also associate this copy automatically with the landing server of the original resource. This option is applicable only to the resources that can be connected over SSH/Telnet.
- Finally, specify the number of copies you want and Click "Save".
You will now see the required copy or copies in "Resources" tab.
Important Note:The copying operation does not affect the original resource in anyway.