If you have many resources with identical properties, you may just add one resource and get multiple copies of the same in PMP. This simplifies the resource addition process in such scenarios.
You can copy a single resource or multiple resources and duplicate them as separate resources in PMP. The duplicated resources could then be edited to suit your requirements.
To copy resources,
- Select the specific resource or resources to be copied
- Go to "Resources" >> "More Actions" >> "Copy Resources"
In the UI that opens, you need to select the specific properties, which you want the copied resources to inherit:
- Resource(s) level and account(s) level sharing can be inherited. When you select this, all the sharing permissions of the original resource will be inherited by the copy or copies
- Access control settings - if you select this option, the access control setting configured for the original resource, will be inherited by the copy or copies
- You can also copy all the accounts that are part of the resource(s) being copied
- Password history of account(s) that are part of the resource(s) being copied
- You can also add the resultant copy resource to all the resource group(s) to which the original resource(s) belong(s)
- You can also specify the number of copies you want
- Click "Save"
You will now see the required copy or copies in "Resources" tab.
Important Note:The copying operation does not affect the original resource in anyway.