Database Backup (MS SQL Server)
Data stored in Password Manager Pro database are of critical importance and in any production environment, there would be constant requirements for backing up the data for reference purposes or for disaster recovery. A task could be scheduled to back up the database contents periodically. The backup will be stored as a .zip file by default in the host where SQL server is running. All sensitive data will remain encrypted in that file.
You can schedule database backup to be executed at any specific point of time.
To schedule database backup,
- Navigate to Admin >> Configuration >> Database Backup.
- In the pop-up form that appears, select the schedule option - day, weekly or monthly.
- Select the time at which backup has to be taken
- You can specify the maximum number of such backup files to be kept in this directory. For example, if you choose "10" in the drop-down against the field "Maintain latest --- backups only", only the latest 10 backup files would be kept under this directory.
- The backup will be stored as a .bak file by default in the <MSSQL_installation_folder>\Backup directory in the host where SQL server is running. All sensitive data will remain encrypted in that file. It is recommended that you backup this file to a secure, secondary storage.
- The backup file will have the file name structure as pmpbackup_pmpversion_YYMMDD-time.bak
- Click "Save". The required backup schedule is created
You can take one-time backup anytime on-demand by clicking the button "Backup Now" available in the GUI explained above.