Adding Users Manually
Note: User addition can be carried out only by Administrators and Privileged Administrators or by custom roles with similar permissions.
- Navigate to Users tab.
- Click the Add User button and select Add Manually from the drop down list.
- In the pop-up form that appears, enter the 'First Name' and 'Last Name' of the user to the respective fields. These entries are mandatory.
- Enter the desired login name against the Username field. This entry is also mandatory and should be unique.
- Select the required Password Policy. Based on this policy, login password will be generated and sent to the user.
- Enter the Email address of the user. The login password of the user will be mailed to this address.
- Select an appropriate Access Level for the user from the drop-down menu.
- You can use Access Scope to change an Administrator/Password Administrator/Privileged Administrator into a Super Administrator by choosing the option All Passwords in the system. When you do so, they will be able to access all passwords in Password Manager Pro without any restriction. Conversely, a Super Administrator can be changed to his earlier role of Administrator/Password Administrator/Privileged Administrator by choosing the option Passwords Owned and Shared.
- Department and Location are not mandatory fields. These may or may not be filled based on your choice, but having these fields populated with the correct values will be helpful for searching and grouping the resources.
- Click Save to create the desired user.