Adding Users Manually
Note: User addition can be carried out only by Administrators or custom roles with similar permissions.
- Navigate to Users tab.
- Click "Add User" button and select 'Manually Add' from the drop down list.
- In the pop-up form that appears, enter the 'First Name' and 'Last Name' of the user to the respective fields. These entries are mandatory.
- Enter the desired 'Login Name' against the field 'User Name'. This entry is also mandatory and it should be unique.
- Select the required password policy. Based on this policy, login password will be generated and sent to the user.
- Enter e-mail id of the user. The login password of the user will be mailed to this id.
- Select an appropriate access level - Administrator / Password Administrator / Password User.
- If you are adding a user as "Administrator" or "Password Administrator", you can specify the 'Access Scope'. If you select the option, "Passwords Owned and Shared", the administrator / Password Administrator will be able to view the passwords owned by them and those shared to them by others. You can choose to make the administrator / password administrator a Super Administrator, you need to select the option "All Passwords in the system". When you do so, the administrator or the password administrator will be able to access all passwords in Password Manager Pro without any restriction.
- Enter the department to which the user belongs. This entry is optional.
- Enter the location of the user. This entry is optional and will be helpful for future reference.
- Click "Save". The required user with desired access restriction is created.