Displaying Messages to PMP Users
If you want to display a common message to all PMP administrators or users, you can do so from PMP. The 'Message Board' feature helps achieve this. For example, to do maintenance you decide to down the PMP server for a few hours, you can intimate the decision to all the administrators/users using this feature. The common message entered by you will be displayed to all the users/administrators as you decide.
This feature enables you to display the message as a banner on PMP GUI. In addition, you can choose to send the same message as an email notification. When you choose to display the message as a banner, you have the option to specify the time period up to which the message will remain in force.
To display the message,
- Go to the "Admin" tab
- Click "Users >> Message Board"
- In the text field, enter the common message which you wish to display
- Specify to whom you wish to display the message
- Specify the type of display - online alert or email notification or both
- If you choose online alert, the message will be indicated by the icon in the PMP GUI. When users click that, the message will be displayed as a banner
- When you choose the option 'Email Notification', PMP will take the respective email ids from the user database and send out mails
- Click "Save"