Linux Package Management Scripts
Security Manager Plus can be used to detect missing Linux Packages and deploy
them. SMP uses the target system's package management tool (up2date for RHEL,
aptitude for Debian, yum for CentOS) to detect / deploy the packages that needs
- Scanning and deployment for RHEL/Debian/CentOS systems
- Edit kickstart.sh and provide RHN Account details/Proxy Details. It is
enough if these details are provided. Missing package detection and
deployment are taken care in scan and install scripts.
- For other Distributions
- Edit kickstart.sh and handle the commands that are needed to configure
the package management tool
- Test kickstart.sh on a system and see if you are able to successfully
configure the package management tool
- Edit scan.sh and handle the command that will fetch the list of missing
- Test scan.sh on a system and see if you are able to see the list of
packages that needs update.
- Edit install.sh and handle the command that will install the missing
package. Test the script
- Scan the Assets
- The Scan Results
view will list missing packages. You can deploy the missing packages from
In order to use SMP's Linux patch deployment feature, you must ensure that
you have a valid support and update subscription license with the different
Linux distributions, wherever applicable. It is important that you provide the username/password
details for a valid subscription account for the systems to be patched
Since SMP relies on the target system's package management tools mentioned
above, it is important that all these tools are installed and made available for
use on each of the target systems.
Copyright © 2010, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.